We are now seeking a Project Manager to share our journey, bringing mixed-use, ocean front affordable living to Nanaimo, as part of a larger revitalization program that is supported by both City of Nanaimo and local communities.
- Analyze and understand drawings and specifications, identifying and resolving constructibility issues before they become issues on site.
- Analyze and understand contract terms and conditions, identify risks and opportunities and develop/implement plans to mitigate risks and capture opportunities.
- Negotiate, prepare and manage subcontracts and scopes.
- Attend or facilitate pre-award meetings with suppliers and sub-trades after tendering stage.
- Review and process shop drawings, RFIs, Site Instructions and Change Orders.
- Familiar with budget assembly and tracking. Monitoring and tracking project budget and compile cost reports and project forecasting reports.
- Project scheduling and project schedule monitoring and management.
- Be actively involved in the development, management and success of the projects's safety culture and plan.
- Quality control and quality assurance.
- Work collaboratively with sub-contractors, consultants and clients.
- Attend or facilitate project meetings.
- Manage the close-out and warranty periods for projects.
This position will appeal to individual with aspirations to further develop their career skills and experience, and:
- 5+ years minimum in managing Mixed-use/Multi-family projects with values between $2,000,000 and $25,000,000. Gold seal certification considered an asset.
- has industry related technical education/training, BCIT or equivalent.
- has existing local industry knowledge and relationships.
- has existing understanding of BC Building code for Part 3 Buildings.
- is self-motivated, resourceful, and takes initiative.
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- is detail oriented and has strong organizational and time-management skills and logical decision-making capabilities.
- strong verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- proficiency in Procore, MS Project, MS Office is a requirement.
Parkshore Projects offers:
- Top salary.
- Extended Health & Dental Care.
- Bonus program.
- Training & Career Development.
Position availability :
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.